Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 | A Magical Year That Was

I can't believe we're sitting here on New Years Eve getting ready to launch into 2014 with a BANG! Does anyone else feel like this year is going to be B-I-G?!

It's funny, when I look back at 2013, and where I started at the beginning of the year, my guiding words were focus, tune, and magnify.  I was ready to turn things UP in 2013, dream BIGGER, and get down to business.

In reality, 2013 was all about growth. If there's one word I could use to describe it, it would be transformational. Personally, I've learned more about myself, and in a lot of ways, I feel as though I've gone through this magnificent healing process. My relationships grew deeper. I married the love of my life. Professionally, I quit my job. I learned. I stumbled. I retreated. I leapt out of my comfort zone. I took risks. I listened to my heart more than I ever have before.

Magical it was.

As I've looked back at 2013, I feel incredibly grateful. For the people in my life. For the ability to take chances. For listening to my curiosities. For adventures. For this awesome community and the relationships I've formed with you. Your comments, emails, letters, and connection truly light up my life.

I can't wait to see what's in store for 2014, but until the clock strikes midnight, let's take a look at the past year - some of my favourite moments, posts, and memories.

January


+ GUIDING WORDS FOR 2013

+ AFFIRMATION CHALLENGE

+ HORSESHOE RESORT

February


+ WHAT I BELIEVE IN

+ THE LOVE LIST: Bachelorette Party!

+ 3 TIPS FOR A MAGIC DAY

+ LIQUID LOVE: 3 RECIPES

+ FEATURE ON THE SHINE PROJECT

March


+ A DAY WITH DINOSAURS

+ WEDDING COUNTDOWN BEGINS!

April


// April was, by far, the BIGGEST month of the year. I love this man. I love the incredible people who came with us to the Dominican to watch it all unfold. Pure bliss.

+ ALLIE & SEBASTIAN GET MARRIED

+ OUR WEDDING VIDEO TEASER

+ OUR WEDDING VIDEO

May






















// Honeymoon!



+ THE LOVE LIST: A weekend on the island.

June 


// The month the we spent living in boxes, getting ready to move into our new home!

+ START FRESH

+ HONEYMOON PHOTOSHOOT

+ LETTING GO OF TOXIC RELATIONSHIPS

+ DOMINICAN SUNSET

+ DOMINICAN SUNRISE

July/ August


// July was my birthday month! Spent with friends and way too many mimosas ;)

// In August, I quit my job! Big leaps forward.

// In August, I took a break from the blog. The entire summer was full of getting out and trying new things (camping adventures!), exploring our new neighbourhood, late night barbecues, partying with friends, devouring books, spontaneous dance parties (always), and living in the moment. Sometimes you don't realize how badly you need to disconnect until you do, and the experience was incredible.

+ SURPRISE YOURSELF

+ 65 SOUL STIRRING QUOTES THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE

September


+ WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE A DREAM

SILVER PEAK

REFLECTIONS

October/ November


// October and November were all about going deeper, asking more questions, uncovering truths, and unravelling myself. I set goals for myself in order to prep for 2014, I joined an incredible community of women who all banded together in the name of unravelling, I took part in a 3-day juice cleanse, and I retreated for 3 days, where I spent the weekend healing, reading, journalling, meditating, and simply being. 

It's amazing what happens when you open yourself up to receiving more. A-HA moments a plenty, truths uncovered, guidance everywhere, and connections to a whole 'nother level. All you have to do is surrender and the flood gates open up.

+ KICK START: BE WHERE YOU ARE

+ RECOGNIZING YOUR PAST VS. RELIVING IT

+ THE LOVE LIST: Juice Cleanse Recap

+ THE LOVE LIST: The White Light Retreat Recap

+ KICK START: COME ALIVE

+ THE CATALYST FOR TRANSFORMING YOUR LIFE

December


// The holidays are always a whirlwind, aren't they? I definitely thought I'd get way more accomplished than I actually did! Every year for Christmas, Sebastian and I head back to our hometown of London, Ontario and spend each moment with our families. There were hot tub soaks, card games galore, gift-giving, drinks flowing, catching up, hugs for days, food, so. much. food, Xmas morning mimosas, lazing around in pj's, and time spent with the ones we love. Our hearts are so full.

+ UNCOVER YOUR FEARS

+ FIVE (SUPER-ACTIONABLE) WAYS TO BE GENTLE WITH YOURSELF

***

...And that's a wrap!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! SEE YOU IN 2014, LOVE BUGS! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis