Monday, February 25, 2013

The Love List // Blogger Love + Bachelorette Re-cap!

Ahh, this week! This week will go down in the books. How can I possibly sum it up? Magical. Jaw-dropping. Heart-warming. Toe-tapping. Epic. Feeling so loved and grateful right now which is making it pretty difficult to form proper sentences that make sense and don't just involve me screaming out, "YOU KNOW WHAT?! YOU ARE FREAKING AWESOME!" Because seriously, you are.
 
I feel so incredibly lucky to have my life - both online and off - surrounded by such amazing women. The comments, e-mails, and tweets that I've been reading have made my heart so full, I can't help but read them with a goofy ear to ear grin. In-freaking-credible! Being able to connect and support each other inspires me in more ways than I can even imagine. So thank you. From the bottom of my heart. Which seems to have grown about a hundred times it's original size.
 
Now, let's talk about a couple things that have made this week extra-awesome...

THE Q&A
 
Erin from Living in Yellow and Jenni from Story of My Life put together a lovely group of girls to talk about all things blogging. We asked questions, they answered. Everything from how did you grow your business to what does your friends and family think of your blog. Nothing was off limits.
 
As awesome as it was to really dive into a topic that we're all obviously crazy passionate about, what was even better was just getting to connect with like-minded minds.
 
When I first started blogging, I just wanted to write. I didn't really know what I wanted to write about, I didn't know what I was doing, I didn't know who I was writing for, I just jumped in completely blind. Then - people started commenting. I didn't even know how they found my blog. Since then I've come across some of the most incredible people and it was pretty apparent that this world is full of 'em. Intelligent, engaging, genuine people that you can't help but fall in love with.
 
These ladies were no exception. And it goes without saying that when you get a group of girls together like this, it is always followed up with hilarity.
 
If you're interested in growing your blog, or just picking the brains of these two wonderful gals, I highly recommend looking into this. I think Erin has a few extra tricks up her sleeve in getting these things going ;)
 
THE BACHELORETTE
(The girls, minus one who's behind the lens:)
 
This is what I knew: To be ready at 2PM on Saturday. To wear something casual, pack a dressy outfit, a bathing suit, and a pair of PJ's. Since I'm something of a planner, the suspense was killing me.
 
The night before I prepped as much as I could. Hit the gym, dyed my hair, painted my nails, put on some self-tanner, and hopped into bed nice and early. I even made Sebastian buy me a makeshift engagement ring because mine is with the jeweler while he's making our weddings bands. Because that is perfectly normal behaviour. (You can't go to your own bachelorette party without a ring! Helloooo!) I woke up at the crack of dawn and hit the gym again. You know, because they said a bathing suit was in order.
 
2PM rolled along, and off we went! Driving along with the eventual stop in Niagara Falls. We pulled up to the hotel, walked along to our room, and when I opened the door I was welcomed by a group of screaming girls, a pop of a champagne bottle, which - in the most hilarious fashion - ended up spraying all over the room. A perfect way to kick start the weekend!
 
And let me tell you - what a weekend it was! I've never laughed so hard in my life. It was complete with silly dares, good wine, hilarious shots, endless hints ("Shaken or stirred? ...I'm so excited for you to find out what that means!"), and enough dancing to make your feet ache. And ache they did! I danced my heart out on that dance floor.
 
...All followed up with a giant breakfast at The Flying Saucer the next morning. Which, appropriately looked exactly like a flying saucer. Who knew?
 
Like any great weekend, cameras were quickly forgotten and left in our purses, but we did manage to get a few snapshots... 

(Toasting with champagne!)
(The MOH:)

I cannot thank these girls enough for putting together such an epic bachelorette weekend. There was some serious planning going on behind the scenes, and they made the secrets last until 9PM until they accidentally let the cat out of the bag. I'd say that's a record! All I can say is, it's gonna be pretty hard to top this. :)

Over to you, darlin'! I'm seeing lots of gorgeous new faces around here - introduce yourself! How's it going with you? What are you feeling grateful for lately?

Images: 1 & 2

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you has such a great time! You must be very loved :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pasta looks so yum. just found your page-- love it! have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing weekend - I love that you made him buy you another ring, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo I can't wait until Thursday, Jenni and Erin are doing another Q & A! I have so many questions!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you've had an incredible week! Lovely snapshots :)
    Rachelle x http://inspiredbytheretired.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

AddThis