Monday, October 22, 2012

Zombie Walk


Before I begin, I'd just like to say I'm sorry. 

I'm sorry that these images may cause you distress and haunt your dreams. I'm sorry that you won't be able to "un-see" what you're about to see. For what it's worth, having a zombie clown run towards you and jump inches away from your face, thus making you want to run and hide, is one of the most terrifying events ever. I endured that for these photos. I endured that for you. You're welcome.

Halloween is fast approaching and you can feel it in the air. The fallen leaves on the ground, the carefully carved pumpkins on display, and you know, the zombies who are walking around with intense cravings for brains.

I had never seen Toronto's "Zombie Walk" before, so I was anxious to check it out this year. I had heard all about it and really wanted to witness it with my own eyes, but sadly didn't know when it was happening. That is until Sebastian and I were walking around the city, and every so often would casually say to each other, "Wow, there really are a lot of zombies out today." (No joke. Because in Toronto this is normal behaviour.)

Then, it happened. We came across a sea of zombies. It was a bloody mess. Literally.

Thousands of people zombies gathered around for the opening ceremony, and then dragged themselves around town, flooding the downtown core. At first glance, it was very shocking - you're just minding your own business and then suddenly a child turns around covered in blood with shards of glass sticking out of their face. (True story)

The amount of detail that went into each look was incredible, and to be honest, frightening. While I was snapping away photos at the scene of the crime, there were times where I was actually too scared to approach some people because of how scary their costumes actually were. Blood filled the streets, open wounds were on full display, guts were hanging out everywhere, and no one was safe.

Check out some of my favourite shots, if your stomach can handle it...







winner of the most convincing zombie growl right here ^^^






Sweet dreams :) 

9 comments:

  1. These pictures are SO scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm as grossed out as I am fascinated! The makeup looks so gruesome and realistic. Pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. great detail in their work! gross, but fascinating. i'm not sure what everyone's fascination with zombies is, but i don't like them one bit. to each their own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. Love it! And freaked out. At the same time. I love the Spongebob zombie head...haha.

    New follower! :-)

    Stef @ Miss Jo and Co.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is disgusting and intriguing at the same time. I'm glad it was you living through that, and not me. The pictures are crazy enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is insane. I appreciate the time and creativity, however horrifying these are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, Allie. Ew. That is intense. These people have some talent. I don't think I would've done well there.

    But what I REALLY want to know is.... where is your costume!??!?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That picture is so creepy, but also well taken :)
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These people/walking dead are insanely awesome! What effort and skill has been invested into this :)
    Great pics :)

    xo Emilie @ Hungry Delights

    ReplyDelete

AddThis